The Taylor Collaboration specializes in the following areas of biomechanics:
Our facility includes the following:
- 2,500 sq. ft laboratory space with wet lab, surgical simulation, machine and electronics shops, and materials testing areas
- 2 x Materials Testing Frames (MTS and Instron)
- 2-D/3-D C-arm (Philips BV Pulsera)
- 2 x 3-D motion capture systems: Infared marker-based (Optotrak) & accelerometer-based 3-D motion capture system (XSens)
- Full array of force, pressure, and displacement/rotation tracking sensors, including 6-axis load cells, strain gage readers, thermocouples, hand-held force and torque sensors, and custom-designed force-sensing surgical instruments.
- High definition arthroscopy tower (Zimmer)
- Full array of surgical instruments & power tools (Aesculap & DePuy)
- 3-D medical image processing software (Mimics by Materialise)
- Engineering software: Solidworks, Labview, Matlab
Our expertise includes the following:
- 16 research staff with expertise in mechanical and biomedical engineering and clinical outcomes research.
- 27 clinician collaborators, both academic and private practice. Collaborators include orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, pediatric surgeons, and general surgeons.
- 13 established referral partners in areas of benchtop mechanical testing, regulatory consulting, design & rapid prototyping, and animal models